Wedding season has just begun! We’ve seen some beautiful trends for 2017, including lots of unique ideas and vintage styles. The looks pair perfectly with a historic landmark mansion venue, like ours. Here are just a few of our favorite things!
1. Vintage Glamour: Vintage is always in style for weddings. It’s a classic, glamorous look that will never go out of style. Incorporate vintage glamour into your day through unique rentals, retro invitations, attire, hair and makeup. (Photo by Joseph Kang Photography)
2. Mirrors:Mirrors are a huge trend we’re seeing for 2017. Rental companies are offering beautiful options for mirrored tables, bars, décor, flower vessels and more. It creates a feeling of luxury for your wedding. It’s a modern-meets-vintage style that’s perfect to glam up any event. Mix mirrors with different metallic options for an extra pop. (Photo by Joseph Kang Photography)
3. Unique Venues: There is so much more to your venue than just a space.Select a venue that tells a story. It should represent you and your personalities as a couple, and should be flexible enough to accommodate all your needs. Plus, selecting a venue that’s beautiful in its own right means less decorating for you and your crew. (Photo by Jolie Images)
4. Interesting Rentals. Unique and vintage rentals are huge right now. One top trend is amazing colored glass. It adds something new and bright to every table. Interesting chairs are also gaining in popularity. Why not rent a special “king” and “queen” chair to stand out among a sea of Chiavari chairs? For more casual weddings or cocktail hours, an area with comfortable lounge seating is perfect. And when it comes to linens, texture is in. (Photo by Joseph Kang Photography)
5. Small Bites: Serve small bites of all the foods you love so your guests can get a taste for your favorite flavors. Small samples allow you to offer a wide variety of foods, and guests get the opportunity to try a little bit of everything. Whether passed by servers or served up on platters, small bites are a fun way to whet the appetite before dinner. Or keep the fun going and do hors d’oeuvres all night long. (Photo by Joseph Kang Photography)
Barrington’s White House is a unique, historic venue located in the heart of downtown Barrington at 145 West Main Street. This meticulously restored 1898 mansion hosts cultural and community events, and is also available for rental for weddings, corporate meetings, non-profit fundraisers and family celebrations.Contact Us