M&M Special Events is a leading event rental company, helping to produce parties, weddings, and corporate and non-profit events. The company has served the Barrington area for 15 years.
What’s the best part about providing rentals for weddings?
The finished product! I feel M&M is a group of magicians—we can take a blank space and make it look lovely based on the client’s vision!
What’s trending right now in rentals for events?
Soft seating (lounge furniture) is very popular. Clients love the gathering type of feeling. Adding furniture and bar-height table completes a look for an event.
Celery Green is the color of the season that brings a warm contemporary feel. For a vintage look, we add the color cream to the celery linen.
Farm to Table is yet another trend that is not going away. We have added new farm tables with cross-back wood chairs to accent the table. This table requires no linen—the look of the wood is perfect all by itself!
Adding an accent plate to your tabletop is a great POP of color! The traditional white china is perfect, but adding an 8” crackle glass or a blush-colored plate adds that extra color with minimal costs.
What are some rentals you might suggest for Barrington’s White House?
- Vintage linen to accent the vintage feel of the location
- White china with gold or silver rim
- Gold flatware
- Gold rim glassware
- Gold or silver beaded Charger Plates to add accents to the china on which to serve appetizers
- Chivari Chairs, in gold, silver, or walnut accented with an ivory padded seat
- (Barrington’s White House offers its Gold Chivari chairs as part of its rental)
- What are a few of your unique rentals that you believe will be very popular for weddings and events in 2017 or 2018?
- Dining under the stars with no tent and pretty twinkle lights above to create a beautiful setting!
- Farm to table experience using wood benches and wood-cross-back chairs
- Clear top tents with a covering of twinkle lights!
What’s your best wedding story?
Being a part of an organization Wish Upon A Wedding and providing a couple with a donated wedding. The day was felt with so much love. Although the groom was fighting a terminal disease, we made him smile and his bride sparkle. M&M was a
proud sponsor of that event, and since that event the groom did pass away. We were so honored to be a part of their special wedding and to bring his and his bride’s vision to reality.
That is why we are in this business—to help make peoples life events come to life!
The contact information for M&M Special Events may be found on their website.
Barrington’s White House is a unique, historic venue located in the heart of downtown Barrington at 145 West Main Street. This meticulously restored 1898 mansion hosts cultural and community events, and is also available for rental for weddings, corporate meetings, non-profit fundraisers and family celebrations. Contact Us