Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Confronting Prejudice
February 12, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
How should we respond to discrimination when we encounter it? How do we respectfully correct misinformation or stereotypes we may hear at home, school or work? How can we counteract biases from xenophobia to homophobia? What does it mean to be a good ally or upstander? Join us at Barrington’s White House for the sixth session of A Year of Courageous Conversations.
About Our Guest:
Jenan Mohajir is an educator, a storyteller, a mother and a believer in building relationships across the lines that separate us. She is Senior Director of Leadership at Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) where she oversees the overall strategy, development and implementation of the Interfaith Leadership Institutes (ILIs). Over the last decade, she has led skills-based trainings on service and cooperation here in the United States and around the world. Jenan is deeply inspired by the stories from her family and her faith to create change at the intersections of gender, sexuality, race and religion, and build a world where we can live together in equal dignity and mutual harmony. She lives in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago with her husband and three children.
- Open to the public, ages 16+
- Limited seating. Advance registration required.
- Tickets: $25 per person
About The Series:
A Year of Courageous Conversations is hosted by Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Swoyer Green and produced by Urban Consulate at Barrington’s White House. The series is made possible thanks to generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Sue & Rich Padula, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management. To learn more and join the email list, visit: CourageousConversations.us