Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email email@example.com.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Cultivating Curiosity
November 13, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We are born with wide eyes of wonder—but this curiosity can fade with age. How do we keep our fervor for learning, understanding and adapting to the changing world around us? How can we check our tendencies toward stubborn certainty, false confidence or confirmation bias? How do we remain open-minded to new ideas and divergent perspectives? Join us for the third monthly session of A Year of Courageous Conversations at Barrington’s White House, led by guest expert Dr. Arin N. Reeves.
About Our Guest:
Arin N. Reeves, Ph.D. is a leading researcher, author and advisor in the fields of leadership and inclusion. For over twenty years, she has delivered dynamic, entertaining and thought-provoking messages to inspire and activate change for audiences across the world. Blending her diverse backgrounds as a lawyer, a researcher, an academic, an author, and a consultant to organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to hospitals and governments, she speaks on many forms of difference, including Racial & Ethnic, Gender, Generational, Religious, Sexual Orientation, Identity & Expression, Physical Abilities, Cognitive Style, and Cultural Differences. Arin studied business at DePaul University’s College of Commerce, attended law school at University of Southern California and received her Ph.D. in Sociology from Northwestern University. She is the bestselling author of two books – The Next IQ and One Size Never Fits All – and President of the research and advisory firm, Nextions.
- Open to the public, ages 16+
- Limited seating. Advance registration required.
- Tickets: $25 per person
About The Series:
A Year of Courageous Conversations is hosted by Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Swoyer Green and produced by Urban Consulate at Barrington’s White House. The series is made possible thanks to generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Sue & Rich Padula, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management. To learn more and sign-up for email, visit: CourageousConversations.us