Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Minding How Media Shapes Our Minds
November 10, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Are we aware of how much media influences our thinking? How can we stop the spread of misinformation and polarization? Join hosts Rev. Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Green with special guest Dr. Stephanie Edgerly, Associate Professor and Director of Research at Northwestern University Medill School of Journalism for Courageous Conversations at Barrington’s White House. All ages welcome.
- Seating is limited. Virtual access available.
- Virtual instructions will be emailed prior to each session.
- Doors open 6:30 p.m. Program begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Tickets: $25 per session.
- Fall Season Pass: $90.
- ASL interpreting available upon request. Email us here.
Courageous Conversations is presented by Urban Consulate with Barrington’s White House and made possible by your ticket purchase and generous support from Barrington Area Community Foundation, BMO Wealth Management, Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Tyler & Danielle Lenczuk, Cobey & Erich Struckmeyer, Young Chung, Susan & Rich Padula, Carol & David Nelson, Dennis Barsema, and Julie Kanak & Mike Rigali. To learn more, visit CourageousCommunity.us