Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Parenting for Inclusion
October 14, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
How do we become racially & culturally conscious families? How can we best use our intergenerational voices to support inclusion and equity in our schools? Join us for our monthly (virtual!) edition of Courageous Conversations with special guest speaker Courtney E. Martin, author of The New Better Off: Reinventing the American Dream and contributing writer to On Being, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Newsweek, Christian Science Monitor & more. We welcome Courtney from her home in California, followed by breakout dialogue. Hosted by Rev. Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Swoyer Green. Presented by Urban Consulate with Barrington’s White House.
- Open to the public, ages 15+
- Advance registration required to receive Zoom link
- $15 per person
We are making a limited number of tickets available for each session free of charge. Email us for the registration code.
ASL interpreting available upon request. Email us here.
Please watch this short orientation video (6 mins) before you come!
The series is made possible by your ticket purchase and generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Sue & Rich Padula, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management.
To learn more about the series and signup for email, visit CourageousCommunity.us