Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email email@example.com.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Prioritizing Disability Inclusion
April 14, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
When designing or participating in community experiences, do you consider access for all abilities? What does it mean to think intersectionally about barriers to belonging? Join us for a virtual session of Courageous Conversations hosted by Rev. Dr. Zina Jacque & Jessica Green, with guest speakers Jason Altmann, Director of Access and Disability Services at Harper College, and Crystal Kelley Schwartz, language mentor, educator and disability advocate. Followed by interactive breakout dialogue.
- Open to the public, ages 15+
- Advance registration required to receive Zoom link
- ASL interpreting will be provided
- $15 per person
We are making a limited number of tickets available for each session free of charge. For the registration code, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you come, please watch this short orientation video.
This series is presented by Urban Consulate with Barrington’s White House and made possible by your ticket purchase and generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Tyler & Danielle Lenczuk, Cobey & Erich Struckmeyer, Susan & Rich Padula, Julie Kanak & Mike Rigali, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management. To learn more, visit CourageousCommunity.us