Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email email@example.com.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Standing in Another’s Shoes
September 9, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We hear a lot that we are divided. But might we be disconnected? How do we bear witness to stories and lived experiences different than our own? How do we receive someone else’s experience with empathy? Can our stories help build bridges across borders and separations? Join us for our monthly (virtual!) edition of Courageous Conversations with special guests Todd Deatherage of Telos Group (Virginia); Tonika Johnson of the Folded Map Project (Chicago); and Dr. Cynthia Armendariz-Maxwell of Sunny Hill Elementary School (Carpentersville). Hosted by Rev. Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Swoyer Green. Presented by Urban Consulate with Barrington’s White House.
- Open to the public, ages 15+
- Advance registration required to receive Zoom link
- $15 per person
We are making a limited number of tickets available for each session free of charge. Email us for the registration code.
ASL interpreting available upon request. Email us here.
Please watch this short orientation video (6 mins) before you come!
The series is made possible by your ticket purchase and generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Sue & Rich Padula, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management.
To learn more about the series and signup for email, visit CourageousCommunity.us