Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email email@example.com.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Fall Cultural Season Kick-Off: Open House and Arts “Season Sampler”
August 23, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
“Season Sampler” of Upcoming Barrington Arts and Cultural Events
Exhibits by Local Arts and Cultural Organizations
Thursday, August 31 at 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. (Rain Date: September 7)
Free and Open to the Public
Looking to engage your child in painting, dance, music or performance? Or are you exploring your own artistic side? Then stop by the Barrington Cultural Commission’s “Season Sampler” on Thursday, August 31st from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. in a tented area next to Barrington’s White House. (Rain date: Thursday, September 7.)
All in one place, in one night, local arts and cultural organizations and businesses will offer information and guidance on the many opportunities to participate in the arts. It’s a creative wonderland!
Also that night, Barrington’s White House will introduce its “Side Porch Concerts”. Throughout the event, you’ll be serenaded by local artists performing on the mansion’s side porch stages, giving you a front-row view.
Tap your foot and swing your hips to the swing, jazz, jump-blues and Sinatra-style tunes of one of Chicago’s favorite bands—Bopology. Featuring Barrington High School’s jazz and music teacher Randy Karon, Bopology will bring you through the decades: the bold and brassy sound of the 1930s, the Lindy Hop dancing, foot-tapping jump-blues of the 1940s and the cool jazz of the 1950s.
The event is free and open to the public and there will be a cash bar.
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – BWH Open House and Local Arts and Cultural Organization Fair
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – The Bold, Energetic Sound of Local Band Bopology
8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – Local Artists Perform
Some of the Barrington organizations in attendance will be:
- Barrington Music Institute
- Premium Blend and Barrington 220 School District
- Bataille Academie of the Danse
- Barrington Dance Ensemble
- World Touch Productions
- Barrington’s White House
- Barrington Writer’s Workshop
- Kaleidoscope School of Fine Art
- Consolidated Music of Barrington
- Barrington Area Library
- Parker Playhouse
- Barrington Children’s Choir
- Barrington Cultural Arts Center
Barrington’s White House is a unique event venue located in the heart of downtown Barrington at 145 West Main Street. This meticulously restored 1898 mansion hosts cultural and community events, and is also available for rental for weddings, corporate meetings, non-profit fundraisers and family celebrations. For more information you may contact Barrington’s White House here.