Barrington’s White House offers outstanding performances and cultural events. Each season, we’ll host some of the most renowned artists and speakers in the world. For ticketing information, see the calendar below.
- Sign-up to be placed on our email list to get a weekly email of events happening at Barrington’s White House and in Barrington!
- If you have questions about events, a cultural programming suggestion, or would like to sponsor an event, please call 224.512.4066 or email email@example.com.
- Our 3rd Thursday Art Night Out receptions feature local visual artists and are free and open to the public. If you’d like to be considered, please complete our Artist Application and include samples of your work.
- If you are presenting a program at Barrington’s White House, please fill out the Cultural Event Marketing Form.
- This event has passed.
Courageous Conversations: Dr. Robin DiAngelo
January 8, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Guided by national expert and New York Times bestselling author Dr. Robin DiAngelo, let’s learn about the way race and class shape our lives, and our place within both a historical context and contemporary systems and structures. Join us at Barrington’s White House for the fifth session of A Year of Courageous Conversations.
About Our Guest:
Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D. is the New York Times bestselling author of White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism, released in June 2018. She is an Affiliate Associate Professor of Education at the University of Washington, and has taught courses in Multicultural Teaching, Inter-group Dialogue Facilitation, Cultural Diversity & Social Justice, and Anti-Racist Education. She is the co-author of numerous publications, including Is Everybody Really Equal?: An Introduction to Key Concepts in Critical Social Justice Education. She is a popular national lecturer and video subject on privilege and anti-racism. Read more about her work: robindiangelo.com
- Open to the public, ages 16+
- Limited seating. Advance registration required.
- Tickets: $25 per person
About The Series:
A Year of Courageous Conversations is hosted by Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Swoyer Green and produced by Urban Consulate at Barrington’s White House. The series is made possible thanks to generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Sue & Rich Padula, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management. To learn more and join the email list, visit: CourageousConversations.us